This one day masterclass, facilitated by Glenys Hurst Robson, Associate Facilitator, The Athena Programme will support you to develop your role and responsibility as a Designated Safeguarding Officer/Designated Safeguarding Lead/Named Professional for safeguarding in your organisation. It will enable you to understand one or both of the Child and Adult abuse investigation processes under Working Together to Safeguard Children (2018) and/or the Care Act 2014. It will raise your awareness of current risks and how to utilise a range of tools and audits to manage regulatory compliance and help mitigate exposure during Serious Case Reviews and/or Serious Adult Reviews.
This course will connect emotionally with your safeguarding core. It will stimulate and support you as you reflect on the key responsibilities of the role and how these relate to your organisational context. Against a backdrop of current safeguarding legislation (Children Act 2004, Care Act 2014) it will help you examine your own role and the roles of others in the multi-agency world of protecting and supporting children and adults at risk.
Alternative Date: Friday 23rd July 2021
For the full programme content and to book either date visit www.healthcareconferencesuk.co.uk/conferences-masterclasses/masterclass-designated-safeguarding-officer-training
Find out about virtual attendance.
This conference will enable you to:
- Understand the purpose, importance and role of the Designated Safeguarding Officer / Lead for safeguarding children and adults at risk
- Explore the emotional impact from the disclosure of abuse
- Explore the roles and responsibilities of other Safeguarding partners.
- Understand how to respond to those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and identify ways in which the Designated Safeguarding Officer can support staff and work with partners e.g.HR, LADO, DBS.
- How to manage and support staff through the process of allegations/and or disclosures / whistleblowing.
- Understand and explore in-depth your organisations safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Understand how your own values and beliefs can affect your role and responsibilities as a DSO exploring the emotional dimensions of safeguarding work for you and your workforce.
- Identify and understand the barriers to reporting and effective information sharing.
- To explore the difficult decisions to be made and the people they need to be made with.
- Understand how other Safeguarding Arrangements impact on Safeguarding, i.e. MARAC, MAPPA, Prevent Duty, FGM Duty, contextual safeguarding etc.
- To act as a source of support, advice and expertise within the organisation and liaising with relevant agencies and reviews e.g. SCR’s and SAR’s
- Action planning section for development of Designated Safeguarding Officer teams
We hope you are able to attend and look forward to seeing you either virtually or in-person.
Healthcare Conferences UK
Facilitating Effective Assessment of Children virtual masterclass is taking place on Tuesday 23 March 2021, and includes a licensed copy of This Much! for Mac or Windows, which will form the basis of hands-on learning on how to use this tool.
The CPD certified masterclass, facilitated by David Glasgow and Bill Joyce, will update delegates on principles of child assessment and include, and train, attendees in the use of This Much!,
Although the particular emphasis may change between health, education and social care services, all are required to systematically assess, record (and act on) children’s wishes, needs, experiences, preferences or symptoms.
There are few assessment tools which aid in this process. However, professionals who learn to use This Much! are able to create assessments very quickly often in collaboration with children, which closely match the needs of the service and of the child. The app includes template tools for common areas such as anxiety, depression, pain and family assessment as well as the ability to customise to meet your needs.
This Much! enhances engagement with children and young people, and generates both quantitative and qualitative information. Uniquely, the results are generated in a form that children can understand and discuss, as well as numerical data, which may be required by professionals.
A 10% discount* is available quote HCUK10feac
For the full programme content and speaker line-up visit www.healthcareconferencesuk.co.uk/conferences-masterclasses/covid-assessment-children
This masterclass will enable you to:
- Understand the evolution of This Much! from established child assessment methods
- Use the standard assessment procedure to assess whether a particular child is able to use the This Much!
- Learn how to create scales for different purposes
- Learn how to set up socially distanced assessments
- Become familiar with the options when undertaking remote and socially distanced assessments using This Much! via Zoom
- Understand how to create and use assessment templates
- Learn the steps needed to use ‘sensitive’ scales which are designed to tap into experiences relating to experiences of adversity and trauma
I hope to see you there but if you are unable to attend you may like to hear news from the day on Twitter by following @HCUK_Clare #ChildAssessment
Healthcare Conferences UK