Effective Adult Safeguarding Investigation: Virtual CPD Masterclass
I am pleased to invite you to attend our Adult Safeguarding Investigation training taking place virtually on Tuesday 23rd February 2021. This one day CPD certified online masterclass will enable those that lead and assist in identifying the legal framework that is required whilst carrying out enquiries in adult safeguarding.
The course will provide you with a detailed overview of how to ensure service users fully participate in the safeguarding process as well as embedding the principles of Making Safeguarding Personal. The course will cover how to use a range of techniques to identify and preserve evidence.
The focus is set within the legal frameworks of safeguarding adults of compliance and the most up to date legislation; the NHS Intercollegiate Documents for roles and competencies; Section 11 duties Children Act; Section 6 duties under The Care Act 2014; and the Health and Social Care Act 2012. The course will also convey practice methods and models for using open ended appropriate questions to obtain best evidence. It will explore the effects on the enquiry if misleading questions are used within the safeguarding process
For further information about the programme content, virtual training and to book visit www.healthcareconferencesuk.co.uk/conferences-masterclasses/adult-safeguarding-investigation-training-masterclass
Find out about virtual attendance.
Key learning objectives include:
- Describe the legal and other frameworks surrounding Safeguarding Adults
- Outline joint and organisational roles and responsibilities for ongoing/further enquiries about safeguarding concerns
- Increase confidence in responding to concerns that involve abuse allegations
- Understand and apply the key concepts of evidence, its preservation, the process of decision making, resolution and recovery, and outcomes
- Develop skills and knowledge to effectively contribute to and co-ordinate multi-agency response when working with allegations of abuse in respect of protection planning
- Understand your role and how you contribute to the decision making meetings and actions assigned as a result
- Explain and apply the principles, processes and practice skills involved in undertaking ongoing/further enquiries and preparing for the outcome meeting
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in interviewing
- Proficiently plan and carry out an ongoing enquiry
- Produce a written report for the outcome meeting
- Identify personal and organisational barriers to effective practice
- Develop an action plan to apply learning to professional practice
- Working with others to mitigate the risk to patients, staff and organization
- Confidence that all reasonable technical and organization measure are in place
- Giving assurance to the Board that risks have been considered, mitigated or owned
- Understand the requirements of external Confidence that policies, procedures are in place to deal with Data Breaches
Facilitated by: Christine Moody, Associate Facilitator, The Athena Programme.
Athena provides dynamic, energetic and entertaining training for staff and volunteers to make sure they can competently and effectively safeguard children, young people and adults at risk with complete confidence.
I hope you will be able to attend and look forward to seeing you.
Healthcare Conferences UK